After two weeks of teaching Vacation Bible School and one week off (for some), we’re back at work at our Education Center in Bukavu.
This summer our staff and volunteers have worked very hard, especially preparing and implementing our VBS program which ended with the final activity on August 12th when the parents came to watch their children perform the plays, dances, songs, Bible verses and themes they learned and to show the crafts they made.
It’s been a lot of work and we were all exhausted but so many lives were touched.
After such involvement most of our staff took a week off to rest, however, the directors still needed to come to make sure that current affairs were still running smoothly.
Some programs, like our Focus Business School training, do not stop even if our center is closed. So, on Monday, Wednesday and Friday evenings the FBS course continues.
This week Maman Marcelline Kapinga and Maman Cécile MUKE (two of our Micro-loan beneficiaries) are teaching these lessons to our current FBS adult students:
- Relationship with customers and suppliers
- Hard work –Deuteronomy 28:8
- Honesty and Integrity –Proverbs 28:20-21
- Service spirit –Matthew 4:23-25
- Character of a businessman –Matthew 7:16
- Excellence of products and services –Daniel 6:3
Also this week and next week I am teaching an intensive Spanish class for beginners. And my more advanced students will be my assistants in this program! This will engage the high school students that are free until school starts back in the first week of September. That will also keep them out of the streets.
Finally, we had a meeting on Tuesday with the teenage girls that were the oldest students at VBS and had a good discussion about their take-away from VBS and from the field trip to visit with the military families.
We’ve got some very interesting stories to share with you soon!
- Mama Zawadi, our treasurer, had a new baby since last Monday. We praise GOD for the good health of the mother and the new baby;
- We thank GOD for keeping and protecting our staff members and their families during a fire that burned about 300 houses in one of our quarters in Bukavu last Friday;
- We praise the LORD for the vacation activities that all took place in a peaceful and safe environment. The field trip that also went well with everyone coming back safe and sound.
- Pray for the families in Bukavu who lost their houses in the fire and now are homeless. That GOD will provide for their needs;
- For the activities that start this week:
- Planning for next school year and for all the programs that come along;
- Intensive Spanish course for the two weeks to come;
- All meetings that are going to take place with the different groups as well as the music class that continues;
- For the FBS training that continues.
For His Grace and Glory,
Don’t forget shopping through Amazon Smile is an easy way to benefit FHA – smile.amazon.com/ch/46-0640458